Australian Coleslaw Recipe – This coleslaw is a bit unusual from what we are used to in America but great for the hostess who thinks “outside the box”. And the flavor is wonderful! Coleslaws are great compliments with dishes but this one is in a league of its own. Austrailian Coleslaw is a little bit different from the rest which makes it unique by some of the ingredients it uses. We personally recommend this recipe based on the flavor it delivers and how it looks after it has been completed.
If you are looking for an interracial recipe like the Australian Coleslaw recipe then something from Asia will definitely be of interest to you. Try out the Asian Turkey Meatballs recipe – The Avalanche of Sweetness and Flavor this recipe will bring you a lot of difference as well.
Australian Coleslaw Recipe
Ingredients: Australian Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 cabbage, shredded
- 3 carrots, grated
- 2 capsicums
- 3 onions
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of celery seed
Directions: Australian Coleslaw recipe
- Put the cabbage and carrots in a deep bowl.
- Dice all the remaining vegetables, but wear rubber gloves to de-seed and dice the capsicums.
- Mix these into the bowl with the cabbage and carrots. Sprinkle the sugar over the vegetables.
- In a medium sized pot, bring the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and celery seed to a boil.
- Pour over the vegetable mixture while hot and do not stir!
- Let cool and then cover and store in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Pour off the excess liquid before serving.
Note: Hot pepper is beneficial in protecting against ulcers, especially those caused by aspirin. It has anesthetic and antibacterial properties and is used in some arthritis treatment. Nutritionally, it’s rich in vitamins A and C!