Chimichangas de Carne de Res (Shredded Beef Chimichangas Recipe) – We love to offer our readers unique and different ways of how to be more creative and different and this recipe does just that. If you are new to this recipe, our advise is to try it! you will be glad you did. Let us know your feed back and if you are looking for a good refreshment to compliment this recipe for a great meal try our Fresh Watermelon Drink Recipe – Agua Fresca de Sandia you will love this as well.
Shredded Beef Chimichangas Recipe
Ingredients: Shredded Beef Chimichangas Recipe
- 4 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 8 cups precooked shredded beef
- 4 avocados, skinned and seeded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 pickled jalapeno chiles, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons juice from the pickled jalapeno chilies
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
Preparation Steps: Shredded Beef Chimichangas Recipe
- In a food processor, add two of the skinned, seeded avocados, sour cream, chiles, chili juice and cilantro.
- Process until thick and smooth.
- Thinly slice the remaining two avocados & divide into 4 servings
- Use a tortilla warmer to warm tortillas in an oven or microwave.
- Place 2 cups shredded beef and one serving of sliced avocado to each tortilla.
- Fold and fry tortillas until crispy. Drain well on a paper towel.
- To serve, add a warm, fried chimichanga to a plate and top with avacado sauce.