Zucchini & Goat Cheese Pasta Recipe – For those who are a lover of pasta then this mix will definitely be a fabulous one to try out. Zucchini takes a bit of skill to prepare than the usual pasta, a lot of timing and effort must be devoted in order to get the desired outcome or a taste that will definitely increase the demand from others for your cooking.
Zucchini & Goat Cheese Pasta Recipe
Serves: 4 Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients: Zucchini & Goat Cheese Pasta Recipe
- 12 ounces of linguine pasta
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound of zucchini
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 5 ounces of fresh goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
Instructions: Zucchini & Goat Cheese Pasta Recipe
- Wash and slice the zucchini in half.
- Slice each half into small half-moon slices, fairly thin.
- Crumble the goat cheese into a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain and reserve 1 cup of the water.
- Return the pasta to the cooking pot and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the zucchini and some salt and pepper.
- I would add just a little for now because you’ll be adding more later.
- Cook the zucchini over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until any liquid evaporates.
- Stir in the chopped garlic and cook for another minute or so to blend the flavors.
- Keeping back 2 Tablespoons, add the goat cheese to the pasta and stir in the cup of reserved water.
- Add a little more salt and pepper and stir until creamy.
- Taste to see if you would like more salt or pepper.
Serve the pasta topped with the zucchini, lemon zest and the remaining 2 Tablespoons of goat cheese along with some fresh bread and a light dessert for a healthy and filling meal! And always remember that you can add ingredients to the recipe that you know will enhance the dish to your own taste (as you can see we did above in the picture)